Upgrade EASYLABEL / Adding Users
NOTE : It is NOT possible to upgrade to Multi User without the exchange of WIBU Keys. (For example it is not possible to upgrade a single user Platinum key to a Multi User key)
To add users to an existing installation of EASYLABEL Multi User or to Upgrade from one feature level to the next, the contents of the WIBU key must be modified. This can be accomplished simply by exchanging files.
Follow these steps:
CREATING THE REMOTE CONTEXT FILE
The Remote Context File (.WBC) file is used to create a unique update (.RTU) file that will unlock features in EASYLABEL or add users to your installation of EASYLABEL Multi User. If you already have an update (.RTU) file, skip ahead to the next section.
1. Open the EASYLABEL program and click Help | Software Key Settings or simply press the F3 key on your keyboard when EASYLABEL is running.
2. Click the “Create Remote Context File” button and the “WibuKey Software Protection : Test and Settings” Window will open.
3. Click the Browse button and then enter the name for the Remote Context File (WBC). Please use the key’s Serial Number for the name (The Serial Number is listed above in the Selected WIBU-BOXes list.)
4. Click Apply to create the file. If you were successful, you should now see a message box stating that the context information was written to a file. Click OK to close the message box. Then click OK again and then one more time.
5. Go to the directory where the Context file was saved. You can now E-mail this file to your Reseller.
UPDATING EASYLABEL WITH THE UPDATE (.RTU) FILE
The update (.RTU) file can be executed by either double-clicking on it or by using the ‘WIBU BOX Update’ function. By Double Clicking
1. Copy the update (.RTU) file to the desktop of the machine that has the WIBU key physically attached to it.
2. Double click on the update file to execute it. You should then see a message box informing you of the update.
3. If you are updating a Multi User installation the new maximum number of user will not be available until the WIBU Key Server process is restarted. Go to the WIBU Key Server and stop the WIBU Key Server Process. Then restart the WIBU Key Server Process.
(The server itself does not need to be restarted.)
EASYLABEL and RFID
WHAT IS RFID?
Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is an automatic identification method, relying on storing and remotely retrieving data using devices called RFID tags or transponders.
An RFID tag is an object that can be stuck on or incorporated into a product for the purpose of identification using radiowaves. Some tags can be read from several meters away and beyond the line of sight of the reader.
EASYLABEL AND RFID
The need to conform to RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) standards and the growing use of RFID in general, requires software to correctly program and print smart labels. EASYLABEL® has the tools to meet and surpass these requirements. EASYLABEL’s improved RFID Wizard makes creating EPC (Electronic Product Code) and DoD (Department of Defense) smart labels child’s play. The RFID Wizard will prompt you for the necessary information and EASYLABEL will do the rest. RFID projects that do not require the EPC or DoD RFID code can use EASYLABEL to directly program HF (High Frequency) or UHF (Ultra High Frequency) smart labels in a hexadecimal or ASCII format.
With EASYLABEL, you have the option to import parts or all of your RFID data from sources such as: databases, serial files, user input, existing bar code or text fields, and external text files. You may also choose to read the RFID data encoded in the RFID tags and print it on your smart labels as a text or bar code field. This feature can be used to comply with industry standards or as a human readable backup of the RFID data.
An additional EASYLABEL RFID feature is the ability to write and print a report that includes the data used to program your printed smart labels. This report can then be used as part of an ASN (Advanced Shipping Notice), to keep a record of labeled items, or other company needs.
Combining all of these RFID capabilities with EASYLABEL’s other time-tested features, will allow you to easily design, report, program, and print smart labels.
RFID Printer Setup
RFID Tag Setup
EPC Text / Barcode Field
High Frequency Wizard
HF RFID Text / Barcode Field
“ This tutorial will only run under Microsoft Windows XP and later. „